2017 Iowa League for Nursing Grants and Scholarships
The Iowa League for Nursing is excited to announce the following Scholarships and Grants available for 2016:
- One $1000.00 Nurse Educator Scholarships for nurses enrolled in a graduate or doctoral program
- Two $550.00 Nurse Educator Scholarships for nurses enrolled in a graduate or doctoral program
-One sponsored by NurseTim, Inc.
-One sponsored by Iowa League for Nursing
- Up to $975.00 in Professional Development Grants
- Applications are due June 15, 2016
- Iowa League for Nursing Scholarships and Grant applications are open to any nurse working or attending school in Iowa and any Iowa League for Nursing member.
- Each scholarship and grant has specific criteria that must be met in order for the application to be considered (see application).
- Applicants may apply for more than 1 scholarship and/or grant. Applicants must include all components required or each scholarship or grant applied for.
- Recipients can only receive one scholarship or grant.
- All awards will be made late June 2016
Professional Development Grant:
- Applicant's professional activity must not be associated with the obtainment of a degree.
- Examples of professional activities include, but are not limited to, conference attendance, certification, re-certification, continuing education courses.
- The recipient of the Professional Development Grant is expected to report back to the Iowa League for Nursing membership regarding the use of the grant.
Nurse Educator Scholarship:
- The applicant must currently be enrolled in a graduate or doctoral program with a focus on education.
- Evidence that that you have completed at least nine (9) semester hours (official transcripts are not required, web-based transcripts or letters from the program are acceptable evidence)
- The recipient of a Nurse Educator Scholarship is expected to report back to the Iowa League for Nursing membership regarding the use of scholarship.
- $1000.00 scholarship recipients will receive a free 1 year membership to the Iowa League for Nursing.